Below we explain how Stockezy, our partners, and other third parties use these technologies, your privacy settings, and the other options you have.
What are cookies, pixels, and local storage?
A pixel is a small amount of code on a web page or in an email notification. As many services do, we use pixels to learn whether you’ve interacted with certain web or email content. This helps us measure and improve our services and personalize your experience.
Local storage is an industry-standard technology that allows a website or application to store information locally on your computer or mobile device. We use local storage to customize what we show you based on your past interactions with our services.
Why do our services use these technologies?
Our services use these technologies to deliver, measure, and improve our services in various ways. These uses generally fall into one of the following categories:
- Authentication and security:
- To log you into Stockezy.
- To protect your security.
- To let you to view content with limited distribution.
- To help us detect and fight spam, abuse, and other activities that violate the Stockezy Rules.
- For example, these technologies help authenticate your access to Stockezy and prevent unauthorized parties from accessing your account. They also let us show you appropriate content through our services.
- To remember information about your browser and your preferences.
- For example, cookies help us remember your preferred language or the country that you are in. We can then provide you with Stockezy content in your preferred language without having to ask you each time you visit Stockezy. On Stockezy, we can also customize content based on your country, such as showing you what topics are trending near you, or to withhold certain content based on applicable local laws. Learn more about trends and country withheld content.
- Analytics and research:
- To help us improve and understand how people use our services, including Stockezy buttons and widgets, and Stockezy Ads.
- Personalized content:
- To customize our services with more relevant content, like tailored trends, stories, ads, and suggestions for people to follow.
- For example, local storage tells us which parts of your Stockezy timeline you have viewed already so that we can show you the appropriate new content. Cookies can help us make smarter and more relevant suggestions about who you might enjoy following based on your visits to websites that have integrated Stockezy embeds, including embedded timelines.
- To help us deliver ads, measure their performance, and make them more relevant to you based on criteria like your activity on Stockezy and visits to our ad partners' websites.
- We also work with third-party advertising partners, including Google, to market our services and serve ads on behalf of our advertisers, including through the delivery of interest-based ads.
- Personalization across devices:
- By better understanding how devices are related, we can use information from one device to help personalize the Stockezy experience on another device.
- When you log in to Stockezy on a device, we associate that device with your Stockezy account. Whether or not you are logged in to Stockezy, we may also receive information about your devices when, for example, that information is shared by a partner; you visit Stockezy.com; you visit third-party websites that integrate Stockezy content; or you visit a Stockezy advertiser’s website or mobile application. We may use this information, most commonly IP addresses and the time at which the information was received, to infer that certain devices are associated with one another, including the devices on which you log in to Stockezy. To learn more about the devices associated with your account, check out Your Stockezy Data while logged in.
Where are these technologies used?
We (along with third parties) use these technologies on our websites, applications, and services and on other websites, applications, and services that have integrated our services, including third-party properties that incorporate our advertising technology. This includes our ad partners’ websites and sites that use our embeds, including embedded timelines. Third parties may also use these technologies, for example, when you click on links from our websites or applications, view or interact with third-party content from within our services, or visit third-party websites that incorporate our advertising technology.
What are my privacy options?
- To control whether Stockezy stores information about other websites where you’ve seen Stockezy content, adjust the Track where you see Stockezy content across the web setting in your Personalization and data settings. If you have this setting turned off or are in the European Union or EFTA States, Stockezy will not store or use such web page visits to improve your experience in the future. If we’ve previously stored your web browsing history, your experience may continue to be personalized based on information already inferred from that history.
- If you do not want Stockezy to show you interest-based ads on and off of Stockezy, there are several ways to disable this feature:
- Using your Stockezy settings, visit the Personalization and data settings and adjust the setting Personalize ads.
- If you are on the web, you can visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s consumer choice tool at optout.aboutads.info to opt out of seeing interest-based advertising from Stockezy in your current browser.
- On iOS version 13 and earlier only, if you do not want Stockezy to show you interest-based ads in Stockezy for iOS on your current mobile device, enable the Limit Ad Tracking setting in your iOS phone’s settings (precise directions may be different on different iOS versions).
- On Android, if you do not want Stockezy to show you interest-based ads in Stockezy for Android on your current mobile device, enable Opt out of Ads Personalization in your Android phone’s settings (precise directions and name of the setting may be different on different Android versions and OEM Android variants).
- On iOS version 14 and later only, if you do not want Stockezy to access your iOS Identifier for Advertising, disable the Allow Apps to Request to Track setting in your iOS settings (precise directions may be different on different iOS versions).
- To control personalization across devices on Stockezy, visit your Personalization and data settings and adjust the Personalize across all your devices setting. This will control whether we link your account to browsers or devices other than the ones you use to log into Stockezy (or if you’re logged out, whether we link the browser or device you’re currently using to any other browsers or devices).
- If you are on the web, you can also opt out of Google Analytics by installing Google’s opt-out browser add-on, and opt out of interest-based Google ads using Google’s Ads Settings.
- To control cookies, you can modify your settings in most web browsers to accept or deny cookies or to request your permission each time a site attempts to set a cookie. Although cookies are not required for some parts of our services, Stockezy may not work properly if you disablecookies entirely. For example, you cannot log into Stockezy.com or pscp.tv if you've turned off all cookie use.
Note: Please confirm that you are logged in if you want to view or change the web settings for your Stockezy account. Changing your Stockezy settings in your web browser when you are logged out will only affect behavior on that browser while you are not logged in to Stockezy.